About Courses of Distinction (COD’s)
The tremendous creative work and talent that go into offering an eLearning course will be honored at the annual Massachusetts Colleges Online Conference on eLearning: Sharing Best Practices. While it is recognized that every eLearning course includes innovative teaching and creative uses of instructional technology, each MCO institution may nominate two courses: one that demonstrates outstanding faculty innovation and course practices in an online format and one that demonstrates outstanding faculty innovation in a blended format. The nominated courses will be recognized with a MCO Course of Distinction (COD) award named after the Bay State’s unique association with the
Among the purposes of the MCO Courses of Distinction awards are to
- Encourage faculty to incorporate successful strategies/techniques into their online/blended courses.
- Showcase the courses and faculty in presentations at the Annual Conference and allow the attendees to view the courses from a student’s perspective.
- Serve as an excellent public relations opportunity for the nominating institutions, the faculty members, and MCO to publicize the success of online and blended learning and course quality.
COD Conference Chair 2020
Schreier, Jesse (COD Chair)
Massasoit Community College
Coordinator of Instructional Technology
Office ofOnline Learning
- COD Nomination Guidelines
- COD Submission Process
- Course of Distinction Video Submissions 2020
- Course of Distinction Survey 2020
COD Winners Video Course Tours